Monday, June 4, 2007

Lotta Sewing

Another Lotta Jansdotter inspired tote. I love the bird sitting on the tree - so sweet and hopefully Aunt Kate will like it as a very belated b-day present!

Even though half of our dining table has been covered with all things sewing for the past month - it's great to have the sewing machine out to work on fun projects. I really need to come up with a way to have a craft area in our wonderful yet tiny NYC apartment or work on talking to the family to move to a house in the burbs! Until then, I will continue to wish I lived in the Posie studio here!

3 comments:

Ali said...

I am a dining table sewer too and it's impossible to keep anywhere near tidy. It's either out (and chaos) or in (and no sewing).

I'd love a studio, but at least working in the centre of things means I can keep an eye on the kids while I do it.

Ellene McClay said...

My 'studio' is in the corner of our living room, and I finally found a way to keep my sewing machine behind me, and just move it up to the table when I need to. I have all the cords stuck to the bottom of the table with packing tape so you can't see them, and I just plug it in when it's on the table. Love Lotta's book too!

Cedar Rapids Carpenters said...

Great readd