Monday, February 12, 2007

hearts & flowers

Completely inspired by this tutorial at skip to my lou, Parker and I got out some old crayons, the pencil sharpener, sissors, wax paper and the "Iron Boat" and made some pretty cool Valentine's Day Hearts for our window.









Now he says a couple times a day "I want to shave with you Mommy"!



Our friend Francesca performed a little science experiment with flowers which Parker has been really into. Here are instructions. I didn't take a before photo but it started with bright white flowers which were put in a cup with water & a few drops of red food coloring and 17 hours later here they are. very cool!

Happy Valentines Day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Job! Those hearts are beautiful! Thanks for checking out my blog!

Anonymous said...

I tried those hearts too, but mine weren't very pretty. I used more than one color and they looked kind of like mud blended together.
Yours are very pretty.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you giys have had lots of fun. The flowers look cool.

Stacy said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog today. I love some of the ideas here and will most definitely be trying some of them next week. We did these hearts too. Just love their little simple bits of beauty!!